Renay had way too much fun dreaming up a title for this challenge. There are 2 choices - 342,745 Ways to Herd Cats or tl;dr, which stands for too long; didn't read. I don't understand what either one has to do with the challenge, and that's part of the fun. It's quirky. The main concept is similar to last year's Something About Me Challenge, only different.
Here's how to play:
1. Make a list of ten books you love (or at least like).
2. Shate the list.
3. Browse the lists created by other members -- Reading lists sorted by bloggers or Master Reading List sorted alphabetically.
4. Read at least three (3) books recommended by others between May 1 - November 30, 2008.
5. Write reviews of the books you read.
6. Share the links to your reviews with Renay and all the other members of the challenge.
*** For the complete How To's go to Renay's blog where she explains it all much better.
I chose 10 books that I love and highly recommend. These are not necessarily my own personal top 10 favorites.
White Midnight by Dia Calhoun
History of Love by Nicole Krauss
Enchantment by Orson Scott Card
Mort by Terry Pratchett
Conspiracy of Paper by David Liss
Anne Perry's WWI Series (This series starts with No Graves As Yet)
I Am the Messenger by Mark Zusak Most of you have read Zusak's Book Thief. I Am the Messenger is almost as good.
A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving
Tending Roses by Lisa Wingate
Number the Stars by Lois Lowry
The 3 I'm going to read for this challenge are
1. Skulduggery Pleasant by Derek Landy (recomended by Susan from She's Too Fond of Books)
2. Good Omens by Terry Pratchett (from 3 lists: Owlmouse, Lyzzle and Cyrnelle)
3. Pomegrante Soup by Marsha Mehran (from Melissa, the Booknut)