Pages

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Huckleberry Finished

by Livia J. Washburn

I don't know that I would have picked this book up at the store or library, but when it was offered from the publisher I accepted it on a whim.  This is book 2  in a mystery series that features Delilah Dickinson.

Delilah is a travel agent who specializes in literary tours.  Sounds like a great job, doesn't it?  The first in the series Frankly My Dear, I'm Dead was a romp through the Old South.  This one is, you guessed it - a riverboat trip down the Mississippi.

I thoroughly enjoyed this light-hearted cozy.  Interesting characters and quite a few twists and turns.  I liked it well enough to recommend it to my daughter.  She thought it was a fun read, too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love a job doing literary tours! Looks like a fun mystery.

Anonymous said...

I read the first book "Frankly My Dear, I'm Dead" and I was so engrossed with it. It was so funny and mysterious at the same time. Reallly fun to read. I'm excited to read the 2nd book. Wish I could find it in a bookstore here in our country.

And just like stacybuckeye, I think it would be a great job doing literary tours...

an unexpected dead body turning up would spice it up even more. hahaa

-kathy