Pages

Thursday, July 08, 2010

Little Bee

by Chris Cleave

I listened to the audio version of this book and am glad I did.  The narrator's voice fit Little Bee perfectly.  Hearing 'her' voice instead of mine helped me to better identify with Little Bee and her situation.

I really liked Little Bee, someone I could learn from and always feel hopeful in her presence.

I read this book on the recommendation of Les from NE.  I need to thank her for reading and suggesting remarkable books.  I can also blame her for casually tossing book after book on my TBR mountain.

3 comments:

Les said...

I thought this was an incredible novel. I read it over a year ago and I find myself still thinking about Little Bee and Charlie. Now I'm wondering why it didn't make my Top Ten for 2009...

Zibilee said...

I have heard so much praise on this book and have been curious about it for such a long time. I think now's the time for me to go out and grab a copy and stop resisting! Thanks for your post...it finally pushed me over the edge!

A House and Home said...

Just read it on vacation. It's a really great read. Next stop (for those who have no read it yet): What is the What?