Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Pop Goes the Weasel

by M.J. Arlidge

I very seldom stay up late to finish a novel, even a compelling mystery, but I did just that with this book.  I couldn't put off knowing who the killer was even after my "pep talk to self" that I could savor the mystery longer and when I woke up I would have that delicious reveal waiting for me.  Believe it or not, that little pep talk usually works.

This is book 2 in the Helen Grace series.  I can't wait to get my hands on book 1, Eeny Meeny.    Checking online I discovered there is a 3rd and 4th book, too.  Oh, yea!

Pop Goes the Weasel is a dark thriller.  Definitely not a cozy mystery. Arlidge drew me into the story within the first few pages and my interest level continued throughout the book.  The main characters are flawed and fleshed-out.  I look forward to getting to know more of Helen's history and I hope we get to meet up with Robert again in a later book.

In this book someone is killing men who appear to be upright citizens of the community but are hiding some dark secrets.  The killer send these mens hearts to their family or business.

1 comment:

Mystica said...

I've got this on my Kindle! thanks for the post. Now I need to read it fast.