Pages

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Movies Based on Books

I recently stumbled across an interesting website called Based on the Book. It's part of the Mid-Continent Public Library's site. Here you'll find a comprehensive list arranged by (1) movie title, (2) book title, (3) book author, and (4) movie release year.

'Based on the Book' is a compilation of over 1,200 books, novels, short stories, and plays that have been made into motion pictures. Utilizing the Internet Movie Database as the authority, all movies in this collection have been released as feature-length films in the United States, in English, since 1980.

Quite amazing! I mean 1,200 movies just since 1980!

2 comments:

Cassie said...

I'll have to check out this website more for more movie watching ideas than book reading ideas. It will also be fun to see how many of them I've already seen. I'm drawn to movie lists that way. Its like my own personal game.

Anonymous said...

And still they cannot get the movie straight. In India, they ran out of books to do movies on, or they're close to running out of them.