1. The Book Thief by Mark ZusakThree of the books are from the Amelia Peabody mystery series. Only 999 more to go, or so it seems! Read book 2 from the Maisie Dobbs series. One of my 2006's favorite, The Book Thief, I read for this challenge. I feel good about my finish.
2. Lion in the Valley by Elizabeth Peters
3. Baron in the Trees by Calvino Italo
4. Triangle by Katharine Weber
5. Deeds of the Disturber by Elizabeth Peters
6. The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
7. Birds of a Feather by Jacqueline Winspear
8. The Last Camel Died at Noon by Elizabeth Peters
9. The Ninth Life of Louis Drax by Liz Jensen
The one book I didn't read was Birth Marks by Sarah Dunant. Fact is, I tried, but just couldn't get into it. It's going to be mooched off as an unread attempt.
Thanks again, Michelle! A very fun and worthwhile challenge. And to think you hosted it during a move. Hats off to you.