It was a long, long time ago that I picked out my books for the TBR Challenge - I couldn't even find the post with my original list of books. I wanted to see if I read all the originals or if I made any changes along the way. Oh well. Here's the list I did read:
- The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins
- Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
- I Am the Messenger by Mark Zusak
- Pardonable Lies by Jacqueline Winspear
- At Some Disputed Barricade by Anne Perry
- Brainiac by Ken Jennings
- Flowers for Algernonn by Daniel Keyes
- Voyager by Diana Gabaldon
- Yellow Wallpaper by Charlotte Perkins Gilman
- House of Spirits by Isabelle Allende
- Booked to Die by John Dunning
- The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards
The only one I didn't care for was House of Spirits. Numbers 4 and 5 I read to further my progress in two different series I was into. (Still am.) Book 11 started me on another series. All in all, some really good books.
I was able to find my original list of books to be read for the Non-Fiction Five challenge. I posted this list on March 7, 2007. At the top is the original list and after that are the books I actually read.
- Slowing Down to the Speed of Life by Richard Carlson
- Remember Me: A Lively Tour of the New American Way of Death by Lisa Takeuchi Cullen
I didn't read the original numbers 1, 2, and 3. In addition to numbers 4 and 5 I read
- My Grandfather's Blessings by Rachel Naomi Remen
- My Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
- Devil in the White City by Erik Larson
Any that I disliked? No, I liked them all.
I can't believe how rewarding it is to finish a challenge and take a few minute to review the fruits I've reaped in the process. Worlds of information and hours of entertainment have been mine as a result of stretching beyond my cozies and suspense novels. Thank-you, Mizbooks and Joy for hosting this challenges. I have loved doing them and look forward to another go around.I have learned that Mizbooks will be hosting the TBR Challenge again in 2008. Hurray! I have sooooo many books piled on my shelves and a bazillion more on my TBR wishlist at LibraryThing. I'm trying real hard to read mostly from my shelves this year, so this challenge is going to help me do that.And Joy will be hosting a new challenge starting in January 2008 called The First in a Series Challenge. So fun! I own the first book in 11 series, so this challenge is going to be just the thing to get those read. I have my mind set on 3 other series that I'd like to read. Here's hoping the library has those.