Pages

Monday, May 05, 2008

Another Addition for the Soup's On Culinary Reading Challenge

I tried another recipe from Taste of Home's Light & Tasty Annual 2003 Cookbook. This time it was a yummy side-dish - Gingered Squash Saute. And I made that delectable Double-Chocolate Cream Roll again. More rave reviews from family members.I also tried 3 recipes from Making Memories: the Dairy Keen Cookbook. Fried Chicken that was delicious, but I need to try one more time in an effort to 'get it right', Creamed Potatoes and Peas, and for Sunday supper a satisfying Loaded Baked Potato Soup.

I am having a ball with the Soup's On Culinary Reading Challenge and my family is most appreciative of the results. A big THANKS to Ex Libris from me and my family!

BTW, I went with Joy's suggestion for the title of my recipe blog: An Eater's Journal. Thanks, Joy!.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

It all looks so good. I'm sitting here with almost an hour to go until lunch and drooling over these photos. I have signed up for the challenge, but I haven't really gotten started, yet. I can't decide which books to use.

Wendy said...

That chocolate roll looks KILLER! And it is practically giving me a heart attack just looking at it ...yummy! Thanks for sharing.

Andi said...

I LOVE Loaded Baked Potato Soup! It's a favorite in our house.

Bookfool said...

Oh, wow, that looks really good and your recipe blog is wonderful!

Paula said...

That gingered squash saute' sounds great and I your picture of your dessert looks incredible. What a fun challenge!

heather (errantdreams) said...

Double chocolate cream roll?!! You vile temptress you! :D

Susan said...

Yum.
What more can I say? For a chocoholic, I saw your picture and have been drooling ever since. And I love squash. Lovely post, great picture, and thanks for making us all hungry!! :-) I have some Taste of HOme magazines, but not their cookbook yet.