Pages

Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Edge of Winter

by Luanne Rice

I thought this was a perfect title to read at the end of February - I was hoping the Edge of Winter referred to the edge shared with spring. I was right.

I am finding it difficult to provide a brief outline. There are several characters with their intricate relationships and more than a few elements that do come together nicely in the end, but to give a brief synopsis - UGH!

Let me just say, that I really liked this book. It all came together with satisfying symbolism and meaning. The cold, buried feelings and hurts of the past give way to new life, redemption, forgiveness and hope. I make it sound a bit hokey, the author doesn't.

4 comments:

jenclair said...

Love the cover and the title. Sounds like a good read!

Staci said...

Glad you liked this, I did the audio and totally hated the narrator and in return did not care for the book as much.

Framed said...

I like the cover also. The books sounds good also. I would invite you for a book exchange but I have to read all my books before I can start on yours.

Zibilee said...

Is this book more of a drama or a character study? I am a bit intrigued about it, and would love a bit more information on it. Sorry to be a pain!