Pages

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

6 Lists ~ 6 Months

I've seen these lists on a few blogs over the last few weeks and thought it would be fun to make my own list. The idea is to look over the books you've read in the first 6 months of 2012 and group them into a 6 lists with 6 books each.  On my lists there is some overlap - otherwise I wouldn't have read enough books to complete the lists.   This was fun.  Give it a try.

Six mysteries to solve:
1.  Fatal Grace by Louise Penny
2.  The Limpopo Academy of Private Detection by Alexander McCall Smith
3.  The Philosophical Practioner
4.  The Innocent by David Baldacci
5.  Paper Doll by Robert Parker
6.  The Hunter by John Lescroart
Six books that took me back in time:
1.  Elizabeth and Hazel: Two Women of Little Rock by David Margolick
2.  11/22/63 by Stephen King
3.  The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer & Annie Barrows
4.  Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah
5.  The Help by Kathryn Stockett
6.  War Crimes for the Home by Liz Jensen
Six books that took me on a journey:
1.  Can't Wait to Get to Heaven by Fannie Flagg
2.  Return to Exile by E.J. Patten
3.  Discovery of Jean Baret
4.  11/22/63 by Stephen King
5.  Lady of the Rivers by Philippa Gregory
6.  On Hitler's Mountain by Irmgard A. Hunt
Six authors I've read before:
1.  Louise Penny
2.  Terry Pratchett
3.  Fannie Flagg
4.  Philippa Gregory
5.  Alexander McCall Smith
6.  David Baldacci
Six books I read on my new e-reader:
1.  Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer
2.  Promise Me Eternity by Ian Fox
3.  The Philosophical Practitioner by Larry Abrams
4.  The Ninth step by Barbara Taylor Sissel
5.  The Book of Lost Fragrances by  M.J. Rose
6.  On the Rim of Love by Marie Astor
Six books I enjoyed the most:
1.  Fatal Grace by Louise Penny
2.  11/22/63 by Stephen King
3.  The Help by Kathryn Stockett
4.  The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer & Annie Barrows 
5.  Can't Wait to Get to Heaven by Fannie flagg
6.  Lady of the Rivers by Philippa Gregory

1 comment:

Zibilee said...

This is a great list! I have the Stephen King book in audio, but that is a monster, and I don't know when I will be able to make time for it. I have heard that it's excellent though, so I should probably find the time!