Pages

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Ella Enchanted

by Gail Carson Levine

This is a totally enjoyable, clever take-off of the Cinderella story. There are enough twists and turns along with some new story elements to make this a 'new' story, not just a retelling of the same story.

I would have love this book as a youngster. And since I didn't read in my younger days, I'm glad I can still read a youth or YA book and today and experience much the same pleasure.

Ella Enchanted is a Newbery Honor book.

7 comments:

Joy said...

Thanks, Booklogged. This looks like another good one.

hellomelissa said...

one to share with s when she's a bit older...

right now she won't let me read to her. she wants to read everything HERSELF.

Stephanie said...

I've never read the book, but my daughters and I loved the movie!! Anne Hathaway is really good in it!

Amey said...

Isn't this the movie with Anna Hathway?

Paula said...

I read this to my girls when they were young. It is still one of our favorites.

alisonwonderland said...

i loved this book! i also enjoyed the movie - Anne Hathaway is darling as Ella - but the book is much, much better than the movie.

Jeane said...

I stumbled across this book as an adult and enjoyed it very much! I tried a few others by LeVine and they weren't half as good.