Pages

Tuesday, August 04, 2015

The Complete Francis of Assisi

I've read quotes by Francis of Assissi and heard bits and pieces about his life and philosophy but didn't really know that much about him.  I knew he was a "friend " to the animals but didn't know he despised education.

This lovely book includes a a biography of Francis and a collection of many of his writings.  It's always interesting to me when someone changes their life in drastic ways as did Francis.  I admire the ability to totally leave the old comforts behind and the continued adherence to a more austere life.  I wonder if I would have the strength to do that.  Lucky for me I don't believe the Lord requires that of me.

I downloaded this collection onto my phone so that if I'm waiting somewhere I can reread some of Francis's writings to his followers.

No comments: