Pages

Friday, February 22, 2008

Unread Authors Challenge Completed

This challenge, conceived of by Pour of Tor from Sycorax Pine, introduced me to 6 new-to-me authors.

1. Wendy Staub - Lily Dale: Awakening
2. Patricia McKillip - The Book of Atrix Wolfe
3. John Husband - Maggie Again
4. Bernice Morgan - Random Passage
5. Susanna Clarke - Jonathan Strange and Dr Norrell
6. Brad Kessler - Birds in Fall

I liked everything that I read and look forward to reading more from these authors. I hope Susanna Clarke's next work is a lot shorter, however.

1 comment:

Literary Feline said...

Congratulations on completing the challenge! I still technically have one to go and I don't know if I'll make it. I've read enough new authors in the time frame, just not always from my challenge list.

Have you read Susanna Clarke's short story book set in the same world? My husband highly recommends it. And it is much shorter.