Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

1st To Die

by James Patterson

I've read a couple of books by Patterson over the years and have enjoyed them very much. One of my favorites was Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas.

Over the years I've read some good comments about his Women's Mystery Club series. So I jumped right in and started with the first book in the series.

Four women-four friends-share a determination to stop a killer who has been stalking newlyweds in San Francisco. Each one holds a piece of the puzzle: Lindsay Boxer is a homicide inspector in the San Francisco Police Department, Claire Washburn is a medical examiner, Jill Bernhardt is an assistant D.A., and Cindy Thomas just started working the crime desk of the San Francisco Chronicle.

I plan on reading the rest in the series so I'm going to list them in order here so I know where I'm going and what I've read. It helps that the titles include numbers.
1. 1st to Die
2. 2nd Chance
3. 3rd Degree
4. 4th of July
5. The 5th Horseman
6. The 6th Target
7. 7th Heaven
8. The 8th Confession

Is anyone else reading this series? What books have you read? Does the series hold up as new books are added?

9 comments:

SuziQoregon said...

I'm reading this series too. I've read the first 4 so far. They're good quick reads when I need one.

Zibilee said...

I have not read any Patterson recently, and have never read any of his in this series. I might have to check them out, they look fun.

Kailana said...

I am reading this series, too, which is weird for me. I have read the first four and I consider them a nice quick read when the mood strikes me.

Booklogged said...

Hi SuziQ. How's life in the Northwest? Candleman and I have been happy that our weather for the last 6 weeks has been cool and made us feel like we were up there.

Zibilee, if you like mysteries and fast reads, you'll like this series.

Kailana, I'm glad the series holds up, at least through book four.

Becca said...

I have read the first 2 books and loved them! I haven't had time to fit in the next one on my reading schedule (it is packed with books for challenges, alas) but I very much intend to read it!

Anonymous said...

I can't attest to them myself, but an instructional assistant at our school lives and breathes for them. I think, being the wuss that I am, they were a bit violent for me. Not that I don't love a good thriller now and then, I just haven't been in the mood for more drama with my boy's last high school years. If you know what I mean. ;)

Thoughts of Joy said...

I'll be listening to the first 3 at least, but have listened to only #1 so far. I enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to 2nd Chance.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I enjoyed this series. I read up to (7) so far. The audio versions are good too.

Sheila DeChantal said...

My favorite was Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas as well. I have not read any of the Woman's Murder series... Id like to but then I think wow.... look how behind I am. If I love them will I just read Patterson? Like I could stick to one author!

Great review... I may need to sit down one of these days and read it.