Pages

Friday, January 13, 2017

Trigger Warning

by Neil Gaiman

I don't usually read short stories but when this one showed up on Pixel of Ink for $2 I grabbed it because it was Neil Gaiman. I enjoyed the introduction. After reading the first 2 or 3 stories I was feeling bewildered. I felt like I might not be smart enough or imaginative enough to "catch on" to the meaning or purpose of these stories. As if my ego wasn't deflated enough, my husband started reading this book and absolutely loved the story about the chair. I was about to quit and start a new book but I persevered and enjoyed the rest of the stories. My favorite story was the one about Sherlock Holmes. Next favorite was probably the spin on Sleeping Beauty.

1 comment:

Kailana said...

I read this last year and like all of Gaiman's books I have read... I loved some and didn't care for others. Still enjoyed it overall!