Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Bare Bones

by Kathy Reich

I read this for the Themed Reading Challenge. I choice the theme of books with the word 'Bone' in the title. I know it sounds bizarre, but I had a lot of books on my shelves and on my TBR list that contained the word bone. Seemed like an obvious choice to me. Ever since I decided on my theme I've seen so many books that will fit this challenge. For the challenge I only need to read 4 books and I have a list of 18.

Bare Bones is a mystery AND it belongs to a series. Of course, I didn't read the first in the series, but I probably will someday. I definitely want to read more about Temperance Brennan, anthropologist. The TV series Bones is based on this series. Anyone into that series. I may have to check out the first season and watch it.

This is the first Kathy Reich book I've read. At some points I felt like there were too many story lines to keep track off, but they were all related in the end. I like a good mystery and this one filled the bill. Nothing really great, but enjoyable, nonetheless.

9 comments:

Literary Feline said...

I am hoping to read the first in this series sometime this year. I am glad you enjoyed this one, even with its flaws. I've always wanted to read Reichs series, but just never seem to get around to it. This is the year at least to start it, I say!

Wendy said...

I enjoy Kathy Reichs' novels - they are always suspenseful :) Glad you like this one - even if you didn't love it :)

Framed said...

I have "Deja Dead" by Reichs. I may even get around to reading it someday. Than we can switch.

Eva said...

I love, love, love, love the TV series! I read one of the books, and about the only similarity is that Brennan is a forensic anthropologist. The TV series is clever and interesting and emotional (not to mention the eye candy). :) You should definitely check out the first season!

Ok, end of gush.

Joy said...

I didn't care too much for this book mainly due to its over abundance of plots. The variety of bones didn't thrill me too much either.

I've never watched the TV series, but my husband really enjoys it. I may give it a try based on Eva's gush scene above! :)

raidergirl3 said...

I quite enjoyed all of these I've read, but I've fallen behind in the series. I haven't seen the TV show thought.
It's always fun to find a new series to read, it makes going to the library so much easier.

Anonymous said...

I like the series now but Eva is right - only the names and her profession are the same. It's REALLY grating the first few eps but then they toned her down a bit.

Anonymous said...

I just stumbled across your blog and couldn't resist leaving a comment here... I love the Bones tv show-it's intelligent, funny and has some really endearing characters-you should definitely take a look if you get the chance :)

Bummble said...

The Bones tv show (which I like) is based on the life of Kathy Reichs, not on her books!

I don't really like the books that much, I found them a bit... well, dull, really.