Pages

Saturday, January 12, 2008

The Bleeding Dusk

by Colleen Gleason

I received an unexpected, but delightful surprise in November when I opened a package and discovered an ARC of Colleen's latest book in the Gardella Vampire Chronicles. I immediately sent off a thank-you email expressing my surprise and delight. Colleen emailed back and told me to be sure and read the acknowledgments. There, right after the illustrious name of Carl V, was my name! I had to sit down and do some deep breathing exercises. In the acknowledgments Colleen expressed her thanks to several blogging friends who have read and reviewed her books and sponsored contests. I was downright tickled to be mentioned.

Those of you who have been following the escapades of Victoria Gardella, vampire slayer will be happy to know that The Bleeding Dusk will be out and on shelves on Feb 5. We learn some pretty interesting things about Max and Sebastian, the two main men in Victoria's life. Desire puts her at the mercy of Sebastian, while loyalty binds her to Max, but can she trust either man? And what of the 3rd man lingering in the shadows?

I found myself a bit annoyed with Victoria. She's so young and impetuous and gets herself in some dangerous situations. Doesn't she have a brain to go along with that beautiful body? It's just a good thing she has others who aren't so full of themselves watching out for her best interests.

As with the first two books, there are a lot of suspenseful moments. I love that part, as well as the mystery surrounding the main characters. One of the good things about this series is the slow reveal of important aspects of the characters' lives. I look forward to the next book so I can get more insight into both Max and Sebastian. AND of course, I can't wait to read what further adventures await.

9 comments:

Joy said...

Wow...how cool! That I'm sure was a very delightful surprise. :)

Marg said...

That is very cool! I should hurry up and read the second book. It has been sitting on my bedside table all year!

Anonymous said...

Very cool!! I really enjoyed the first book and plan to read the rest of the series.
Stephanie
www.thewrittenword.wordpress.com

Les said...

Wow! Yay you! That settles it. I'm going to buy all three books and see what everyone's raving about. :)

Anonymous said...

That is very cool! I am looking forward to starting this series soon. I love the purple cover for book three too :)

Brie said...

I just finished the first two in this series. Now I'm really looking forward to reading The Bleeding Dusk. Good review.

Cassie said...

I think you need to let me borrow your copy and send it up with my mom when she comes up Feb.8. I would be so happy.

Danielle said...

I keep reading how good Colleen's books are. I have the first one (which I mean to read sometime soon) and am going to order the second one as I can't seem to find it anywhere in bookstores. I will keep a look out for #3 though, since it is out so soom.

hellomelissa said...

wow, an acknowledgement! that's fantastic. i'm still working on the 3rd in this series.