Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Masterpiece Theater Reminder

I just wanted to remind you (and me) of Masterpiece Theater broadcast adaptations of all of Jane Austen's six novels plus a new drama based on her life will be starting soon.

Here is a schedule of the Austen novels that will be aired.
Jan 13 - Persuasion
Jan 20 - Northanger Abbey
Jan 27 - Mansfield Park
Feb 3 - Miss Austen Regrets
Feb 10 though Feb 24 - Pride and Prejudice
Mar 23 - Emma
Mar 30 and Apr 6 - Sense and Sensibility

For my benefit (and anyone else that lives in the mountain time zone) Masterpiece Theater is at 8 pm. If you live in Utah the movies will be aired on KUED.

If you read/watch at least two Jane Austen novels/movies in 2008 you will have satisfied the requirements for Becky's Mini-Austen Challenge. How's that for wonderful?

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have this on my calendar and am looking forward to it. A whole spring of Jane Austen. What fun!

DesLily said...

I have 2 of those movies and watch them every time they are on, Emma, and Sense and Sensibility. (love Alan Rickman in Sense and Sensibility!)

Lisa said...

I love Austen. Thanks for the reminder!

Cassie said...

I am all over it. I've got them on my calendar and am trying to figure out the best way to record it and other shows on at the same time. I really need TIVO.

Shelley said...

Thanks for the info! I have two main passions in life-reading and watching movies based on books. Jane Austen movies fall under my Brit Lit Chick Flicks category!

Anonymous said...

Oh, only one episode per book? But I'm so jazzed.

nessie said...

I just got an email from a friend telling me about it. I cant wait. I have been debating whether or not I should buy the films. Thanks!

Paula said...

I need to write myself a note to remember this! I caught the second half of Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre last night on Masterpiece Theatre. It was wonderful, now I need to catch the first half sometime...

Robin said...

Booklogged, thanks for the reminder and the easy list to check! I can't wait! By the way, KUED is an awesome PBS channel. Their programming is much better than our Seattle main PBS channel...PBS channels are not all alike! Ours IS showing the Jane Austens, but they don't start until 9:00.

Gentle Reader said...

Ooh, thanks for the reminder, I'm going to set my TIVO now!

*karendianne. said...

How fun! Thanks for sharing this. I would have missed it.

Hope you're enjoying your Current Read. I really liked that book.

Bookfool said...

I forgot all about this, although I didn't know when and where to find it. Darn, missed by an hour! There's always next week, though. Thanks for the post!

The Bookworm said...

I'm reading some Austen and watching the PBS movies....Persuasion was great.
My all time fav is Pride & Prejudice.

raidergirl3 said...

We get the Boston PBS station here, WGBH, but with the time difference, the shows don't start until 10 pm. I'm a night owl anyway, so it's not hard to stay up and watch. I'm looking forward to the next ones, especially P&P, to see if the movie is better than the book.