Pages

Saturday, June 06, 2015

Constant Fear -- NETGALLEY REVIEW

 by Daniel Palmer

I love a book that grabs my attention and keeps me reading.  I can easily set most books down with the anticipation of being able to pick up the story the next day.  Constant Fear was not so easy to set aside - I wanted to keep reading to the finish.  My anticipatory set of mind could not be convinced to savor this book for a few days.  It wanted to be satisfied sooner than later.

This is a page-turner involving a group of five teenage students, a father, and a serious hostage situation.  I don't want to give away too much.  I went into this book knowing nothing of the story so each part was new to me.  Sometimes it's good not knowing too much before you start reading.

I was delighted to discover that Daniel Palmer has written other books.  Having read and loved this one, I will be checking on some of this other books.  Nothing better than discovering a new author whose work you really like and then discovering there's more already in the treasure trove.

I recommended this book to my sister when I was only part way into it.  Now that I'm finished I will highly recommend it.  As far as thrillers go this one lived up to its claim.  No foul language to speak of, no sex scenes, but some pretty descriptive violence.  Some of the characters are very despicable people.

* I received a copy of Constant Fear from NetGalley in exchange for my review.  No other compensation was received.

3 comments:

Thoughts of Joy said...

HI! So nice to see you!!! :) Welcome back!

raidergirl3 said...

I'll tell you what grabs my attention: a post by you! Hi! I was just wondering a few weeks (maybe months) ago if you had given up posting at all. Great to see you again.
Elizabeth

Booklogged said...

Joy, thank-you. I hope I'm back because I have so many books I haven't reviewed or even listed anywhere. It's so nice to a have a record of what I've read and when.

Elizabeth, I see you have chronoperception problems, too. It seems to be getting much worse as I pile on the years. I don't know why it is harder to write my reviews now that I'm retired. Probably all those other hobbies I decided I had time for are encroaching on my reading and writing time. I recently bought some earplugs so I could listen to audiobooks while sewing but I don't like wearing them. I feel like I'm in a tunnel. It's a relief when I pull them out and then I don't want to put them in again later.