Pages

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

From the Stacks Challenge Wrap-Up

Thanks for Michelle from Overdue Books for hosting this wonderful "get 'er done" challenge. At the first of November I joined the From the Stacks Challenge and set a goal to read 10 books from my stacks. I didn't quite make that goal, but I did empty out nine books. Good times! These are the books I've read:
1. The Book Thief by Mark Zusak
2. Lion in the Valley by Elizabeth Peters
3. Baron in the Trees by Calvino Italo
4. Triangle by Katharine Weber
5. Deeds of the Disturber by Elizabeth Peters
6. The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
7. Birds of a Feather by Jacqueline Winspear
8. The Last Camel Died at Noon by Elizabeth Peters
9. The Ninth Life of Louis Drax by Liz Jensen
Three of the books are from the Amelia Peabody mystery series. Only 999 more to go, or so it seems! Read book 2 from the Maisie Dobbs series. One of my 2006's favorite, The Book Thief, I read for this challenge. I feel good about my finish.

The one book I didn't read was Birth Marks by Sarah Dunant. Fact is, I tried, but just couldn't get into it. It's going to be mooched off as an unread attempt.

Thanks again, Michelle! A very fun and worthwhile challenge. And to think you hosted it during a move. Hats off to you.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello!

I also love the work of Paulo Coelho! One day The Alchemist changed my life totaly!

Do you know that Paulo C. has also a blog!!!
http://www.paulocoelhoblog.com
I found this out because I'm registered in his newsletter!!!
http://www.warriorofthelight.com/engl/index.html"
it's simply wonderful!

Best wishes!

Anonymous said...

I've meant to read Maisie Dobbs ever since I saw her author at a book club event. She was really interesting.

FTS challenge is over already? Whoops.

Carl V. Anderson said...

Congrats! Very nice start to the new year.

1morechapter said...

Congrats on completing 9! I finished 5 books--all in January because I started late. The Alchemist was one of my favorites of 2006. The Book Thief is on my 2007 TBR list. I can't wait to get to it (after the Winter Classics Challenge)!

http://3mreviews.blogspot.com
http://3mbooklist.blogspot.com

jenclair said...

I think that the From the Stacks challenge should be continued! Maybe with at least one book per month from the stacks!

Sycorax Pine said...

I must admit that Elizabeth Peters's Peabody series is one of my secret passions, although I have fallen behind in recent years!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's quite a list - congratulations on reading so many of your TBR books!

I have the first two Maisie Dobbs books on my shelf for ages and have yet to read them - maybe it's time to remedy that!