Pages

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Another Bloomin' Challenge

I've just discovered a fun new reading blog: Connect the Plots. Esther is hosting Another Bloomin' Challenge that sounds like the perfect thing for those of us longing for spring.

The first green shoots are starting to push through the dirt of my bulb garden...and make me long for the flowers of Spring. So I'm proposing a flower-themed challenge to get you in the spirit of the season.

BUD-VASE: Just as a bud vase highlights the beauty of a single bloom, this challenge level asks you to read a single book with a flower in the title.

NOSEGAY: Like a small bunch of flowers gathered together, this challenge level asks you to read two or more books with the same flower in the title.

BOUQUET: Fill a vase with the bounty of the season. For this challenge level read four or more books each with a different flower in the title.

GARDEN: When you just can't get enough, this challenge level requires you to read six or more books with flowers or flowery words (bloom, blossom, petal, etc.) in the title.

  1. The challenge will run from March 20, 2008 - June 20, 2008.
  2. You can choose one of the four levels (or participate in several levels!)
  3. You can cross-post with other challenges. You can even count the same book for different levels in this challenge!
  4. Sign up and post reviews at the challenge blog: www.anotherbloominchallenge.blogspot.com
I'm into the challenges pretty heavy right now, so I perused my list to see if there were any BLOOMIN' titles I could use. Here's what I found:
Yarrow by Charles de Lint
Bone Garden by Tess Gerritsen
Winter Rose by Jennifer Donnelly
Not one of those sounds like a good harbinger of spring! I will have to think on this challenge a bit more before joining up. I really don't think I have the time, but it sure does sound fun.

4 comments:

Framed said...

Too bad I just finished "Once Upon a Marigold." I'm going to try to swing a nosegay, but there's no way I can fit six or even four more books in before the end of June. It may come to the point that I won't be able to join every challenge I read about.

heather (errantdreams) said...

What a great premise for a challenge! It's neat watching people come up with ever-new ways of choosing books.

Les said...

This sounds like a fun challenge, but I've decided to swear off joining anymore. I love to make the lists, but I'm really lazy about picking anything from them. I'm too much of a mood reader!

Iliana said...

That is such a fun idea for a challenge. I am going to hold back for now because I'm pretty sure I'll join the two I mentioned in my last post and I am waiting for Carl to host the fantasy one :)
Have fun with your challenge!