Pages

Friday, March 28, 2008

Maps of Bones

by James Rollins

When parishioners are burned to death in a German cathedral, the U.S. sends in the SIGMA force. The team discovers someone has stolen the priceless treasure stored in the cathedral's golden reliquary: the bones of the biblical Magi.

This is an intense, mystery/thriller adventure similar in style to Dan Brown's books. I read it for the themed reading challenge - my theme being books with the word bone/bones in the title. It's a page-turner, very interesting and a fun read. I will be looking forward to more books written by Rollins.

6 comments:

Amey said...

Ooh... Map of Bones. Do read the entire "Sigma Force" series, preferably from start (though the sequence doesn't matter much). It is really good, especially the end of books.

Booklogged said...

Amey, I didn't realize this was part of a series. Thanks for letting me know. I'm off to find a list of the books in order.

Framed said...

How did the bones of the Magi get to Germany? Just wondering. It sounds like a good book and series. Dang, my TBR list is getting out of control.

Booklogged said...

Framed, you do know that the magi took 2 or 3 years to find the Christ child - maybe they went by way of Germany! I'm just teasing. I think the Catholic church just relegates its reliquaries to different cathedrals, but I really don't know.

jenclair said...

I'm such an easy mark for books like this! And and entire series of which I was unaware...must check into that.

Anonymous said...

Ways the bones could have ened up in Germany: The priests swapped reliquaries. Lost them in a bad bet. Stolen by looters/Crusaders/Templars/Zealots.

YeS, I should be working and not babbling on your blog. That book looks good! Too bad I didn't see it before I ran to the library.