Pages

Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Art History Challenge


 I am going to start joining challenges again.  I decided not to join any for  2009 so I could get caught up on review copies and read some books from my shelves.  The shelf thing hasn't been very successful, seems like I've only added more to them, but I have bridled myself in with regards to review copies. 

My first challenge is Heidenkind's Art History Challenge.  The challenge is to read 6 books and runs from Sep 1, 2009 - May 1, 2010.  I'm focusing on the Fiction Category.  Here are the books I've picked so far:

1.  The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown
2.  The Swan Thieves by Elizabeth Kostova
3.
4.
5.
6.

7 comments:

Heidenkind said...

Hooray, Booklogged! I'm excited to have you join the challenge, and I'm looking forward to your review of The Lost Symbol. The Swan Thieves sounds like a really great book--that's on my wish list, too. :)

Framed said...

I have a personal challenge I'm going to start this year but I'm slog going to look at other challenges to see if they fit in. I've kind of missed them. I don't think I have many books that fit this. I'm interested to see how you like "The Swan Thieves." She is a great author.

Booklogged said...

Thanks for the welcome, Heidenkind.

Framed, are you going to share your personal challenge or is it going to be very personal?

Dawn @ sheIsTooFondOfBooks said...

Good luck with the challenge!

I started THE LOST SYMBOL a few days ago. I know it's been lambasted as formulaic, but I like the descriptions of the architecture and monuments of DC. Brown's novels are well-researched.

Booklogged said...

Dawn, I am so happy to hear something good about The Lost Symbol. Dan Brown sure gets lambasted a lot, but I think he writes a pretty darn good story. Glad to know I'm not alone.

Becca said...

I am doing this too! Yay!

3m said...

This challenge sounds interesting. I'll have to look into this. I've already planned to read The Forest Lover soon for the Canadian Challenge, and it would fit. I'd love to read Swan Thieves as well.

I'll have think about this one...