Pages

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

"Waiting On" Wednesday



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2642/3725158140_bfc989775e_o.jpgThe book I'm anxiously awaiting has already been released in hardcover, but I'm waiting for the paperback release.

Unseen Academicals by Terry Pratchett is book 34 (I believe) in his Discworld novels.  I love Pratchett's wit, wisdom and humor and, of course, the story.  And I love that you don't need to read the Discworld books in any order - you can just pick one up and enjoy it.  Each expands your knowledge of the world and the characters,but it doesn't matter the order.

"This account of Unseen University's entry into the world of soccer (or, as they occasionally call it, "foot-the-ball") pushes past the usual conventions of satire to offer equal parts absurdist philosophy and heartwarming romance....A witty addition to the long-running fantasy series" (Kirkus Reviews )

Next question is which cover do I want?  I recently discovered The Book Depository located in London.  I can order a book from them and I get the UK cover and there's no shipping charge.  I can't remember whose blog I saw a button for The Book Depository, but thank-you.  I've already ordered a couple of books from there and I helped that store affiliate with a few pennies in her pocket.

Which cover do you like the best?

5 comments:

Aarti said...

I am still (im)patiently waiting for my copy of Unseen Academicals to show up in my mailbox from Harper Collins! Cannot wait to read that one!

Kim said...

I've never read Terry Pratchett. I've actually looked into his books before but there were so many I didn't know where to start. Thank you for letting me know that I can start anywhere. That helps so much!

Kailana said...

I have the worst time waiting for paperback releases with books I really want to read! Good luck with that. :) I am forever behind in this series, anyways, though, so it doesn't really matter for this one!

Cath said...

I like the brown cover best. And this one's going on my Christmas list. I do have a few Pratchetts to catch up on first though.

Zibilee said...

I have long been wanting to read the DiscWorld books, but have no idea where to start. I think I am going to have to do some research on the series and find out.