Pages

Thursday, October 08, 2009

An Award - for me?!

I was feeling a little sorry for myself a week or two ago because I was seeing beautiful awards flying all over the blogosphere and I had not received an award in a long, long time.  (I know - self pity!  What can I say?  That ugly green monster just sneaks up on me every once-in-awhile.)  I slayed the monster and forgot all about it until today.

Today a beautiful, sweet and greatly appreciated award showed up from the lovely Chèli from Chèli's Cozy Corner.  If you stop by her blog you'll get a good doze of grandma love when you see the picture of her grandson.  It just makes me smile!  Plus, I love her blog look - the soft green with a touch of purple flowers is so pretty.   Be sure to check out her book blog at Chèli's Shelves.  I really hate to tell you this but she has a giveaway going on for The Recipe Club.  I am hoping to win because the story sounds really good but it also contains 80 recipes.  A novel and recipes in the same book!

Here are the rules of the "One Lovely Blog Award":

Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award, and his or her blog link. Pass the award to 15 other blogs that you’ve newly discovered.  Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.

I have been looking at several new blogs lately trying to find bloggers from all 50 states for my Blogging Around the States feature every Saturday.  I have luckily stumbled across some wonderful new-to-me bloggers.  I pass this award along to:

Amanda from A Bookshelf Monstrosity
Harvee Lau - Book Bird Dog
Cath - read_warbler
Kaye - Pudgy Penguin Perusals
Serena - Savy Verse and Wit
Gwendolyn - A Sea of Books
Yvonne - Socrates Book Reviews
Lori - Some of My Favorite Books
AliPet813 - That's a Novel Idea
Jemima - The Reading Journey
Irish - Ticket to Anywhere
Tina - Tutu's Two Cents
Wendy - Wendy's Minding Spot
Susan - You Can Never Have Too Many Books
Amanda - The Zen Leaf

Hooray for meeting new people!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the award! It was well deserved!

Kailana said...

That's a lot of new people! I have a hard enough time keeping up with the blogs I do read, but I imagine I will be browsing the list...

jenclair said...

Congratulations! You do deserve it!

Cath said...

Congrats on your award, it's well deserved. And thank you so much for passing it on to me. I'm so thrilled. :-)

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Congratulations! Definitely well-deserved.

Kaye said...

Big congrats on your award and hugs for passing it on to Pudgy Penguin Perusals.

have a great weekend and ditto on the hooray for meeting new people.

Harvee said...

Thanks so much for the award and for being so thoughtful. You certainly deserve to receive this award.

A Bookshelf Monstrosity said...

Thanks for the award!

Alipet813 said...

Congrats on receiving this award. And, thanks for passing it on to me! Of course, you are one of my new blogs that I visit so I guess I will have to find a couple more so you dont' get it right back. Just know that if this hadn't come from you - you would be receiving from me.

Yvonne said...

Congrats and thank you so much! As soon as I get my act together, I will post it.

Lori (sugarandgrits) said...

Awwww ~ thank you! Congrats on your award as well! Too bad I can't return it to you...you're one of my new blogs. =) I'm so glad you've "slayed the monster"! LOL

Thank you again,
~ Lori

Katie said...

Congrats on your award! Thanks for stopping by my blog last week. And I have to say that I absolutely LOVE your fall background on your blog - it's gorgeous!

Les said...

You definitely deserve this award!! I love your blog (great new look with the fall colors) and visit on a daily basis. Congrats! Now I'm off to visit some of the blogs you've mentioned...

Les said...

I forgot to mention, if you don't win a copy of The Recipe Club, let me know. I have an ARC I can send to you! :)

Zibilee said...

Congratulations on the award! It is much deserved.

SuperMom said...

I just started book review blogging this summer... I'm from Utah!
Check it out...
www.WhatYouReadingNow.blogspot.com