Pages

Sunday, October 04, 2009

Mailbox Monday


Mailbox Monday is a weekly feature hosted by Marcia from The Printed Page.  You can find more Mailbox Monday posts linked at her blog.

I had been trying to hold off on buying The Help by Kathryn Stockett until it came out in paperback (my attempt at saving money!)  But I had a few other books that I was buying and needed $10 more to get free shipping, so I slipped this one it.  It arrived this week.

On Hitler's Mountain by Irmgard A. Hunt was recommended by Cath from read_warbler.  She wrote such a good review of it and shared a website with more information. 

House of Dark Shadows by Robert Liparulo - I don't remember where I read about this book but it sounded good.  All I really know about it is it's YA.

My last three arrivals are part of the Molly Murphy mystery series by Rhys Bowen.
#2 - Death of Riley
#4 - In Like Flynn
#5 - Oh Danny Boy


11 comments:

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

You will not be disappointed by The Help; worth every penny you spent; enjoy

Anna said...

I've been wanting to read The Help for ages. On Hitler's Mountain sounds good, too. Happy reading!

My mailbox post is here.


--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric"

Lesley said...

I'm trying to avoid buying The Help but haven't been able to check out a copy from the library since it's always out. I am thinking about suggesting it for my book club when it does come out in trade. Sometimes it is hard to resist the book coupons and whatnot!

Cath said...

I do enjoy your mailbox Mondays. I hope you find On Hitler's Mountain as engrossing as I did.

And I got two books in the mail today, Drood by Dan Simmons and The Earth Hums in B Flat by Mari Strachan.

Watch out for a package from me in the next few days.

Les said...

Drop everything! Pick up The Help. Read it now. You won't be disappointed, I promise!

Dana said...

The Help was really, really good! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Staci said...

Sometimes you have to be good to yourself!! Enjoy The Help!!

Sheila (bookjourney) said...

I broke down and bought The Help as well. We are doing a reading group for it the end of October.... if you care to join us let me know. :)

Dawn @ sheIsTooFondOfBooks said...

I've heard that THE HELP is hard to resist; I lent my copy to a friend before I had a chance to read it (she needed it for a book group deadline).

Enjoy all your new books!

Kailana said...

On Hitler's Mountain looks so good! I imagine your review will add to my desire to read it and then I won't resist buying it then...

Booklogged said...

Diane, I suspected it would be worth it. Thanks for the encouragement.

Anna, I hope to get to both books soon. As well as 3,000 other books! LOL

Lesley, I think it will not be too many more months before it's out in paperback.

Cath, I suspect I'm really going to enjoy Hitler's Mountain. So excited about your package!

Les, I think I'll follow your advice. Thanks.

Dana, thanks for the encouragement. I have a feeling I'll love it.

Staci, thanks for the comforting words. It helps to alleviate my feelings of guilt.

Sheila, the end of OCT! That's just a couple weeks. I better get with it. Thanks for the heads up on the reading group. Do I sign up on your blog?

Dawn, you mean I'm NOT the last one alive to not have already read this?!

Kailana, We fuel each other's book buying tendencies, don't we. (I was careful to not say, "addiction!"