Pages

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

"What's In A Name?" Reading Challenge

Annie from Words by Annie is hosting an interesting reading challenge for next year. It's called "What's In A Name?" A Reading Challenge.

Dates: January 1, 2008 through December 31, 2008

The Challenge: Choose one book from each of the following categories. I listed a couple to choose from.

1. A book with a color in its title.
Yellowknife by Steve Zip
White Bone by Barbara Gowdy

2. A book with an animal in its title.
Plato and a Platypus Walk Into a Bar: Understanding Philosopy Through Jokes by Thomas Catchcart and Daniel Klein
Homeless Bird by Gloria Whelan
Birds in Fall by Brad Kessler
The Snake, the Crocodile and the Dog by Elizabeth Peters

3. A book with a first name in its title.
Maggie Again by John D. Husband
Thursday Next: A First Among Sequels by Jasper Fforde
Becoming Jane
Jane & the Unpleasantness of Scargrave Manor
Anne of Avonlea by L.M. Montgomery
Goodnight, Irene by Jan Burke

4. A book with a place in its title.
The Resurrection of Lady Somerset by Nicola Beaumont
I Never Saw Paris by
A Thousand Days in Tuscany by Marlena De Blasi
Trumpeter of Krakow by Eric P. Kelly
Pelagie: The Return to Acadie
Long Ago in France by M.F.K. Fisher

5. A book with a weather event in its title.
A Bleeding Dusk by Colleen Gleason (isn't dusk a weather event?!)
Wintersmith by Terry Pratchett

6. A book with a plant in its title.
Witches' Bane by Susan Wittig Albert
Yarrow by Charles de Lint

3 comments:

Paula said...

This one sounds like fun. I'm going to go through my stacks right now and join in...

Lotus Reads said...

Booklogged ~ I love reading about all these challenges! Most of them are so creative and have me wishing I could join in, but given my dismal performance in past challenges, I know I should not.

Congratulations on finishing all those recent challenges, you are a super reader!!!

Lisa said...

This one looks like fun and one that I may be able to finish since I can probably pull books that I am reading for other challenges and for book clubs, etc.