Pages

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

2008 TBR Challenge

Mizbooks is again hosting the TBR Challenge. YAY! This is one of the first challenges I signed up for last year and it remains one of my favorite. The whole point is to choose books you've been wanting to read and/or books you've had on the list or library shelf for too many months. I have more this year to choose from than ever before.

Other book bloggers have made so many great recommendation and I've been introduced to Bookmooch which makes it so easy to acquire books. The list grows and the shelves moan. I NEED this challenge. The real challenge is choosing just 12 books.

I narrowed the choices to this small list of 12. I have got to stop buying and trading books. And I should probably quit reading all those fabulous book blogs that I love.
1. Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman
2. Lewis Carroll Biography by Morton N. Cohen
3. Yarrow by Charles de Lint
4. Sixpence House by Paul Collins
5. And There Was Light by Jacques Lusseyran
6. Homeless Bird by Gloria Whelan
7. Singer of All Songs Kate Constable
8. Birth House by Ami McKay
9. Equal Rites by Terry Pratchett
10. Grandmother and the Priests by Taylor Caldwell
11. Cruel Miracles by Orson Scott Card
12. The Sign of the Book by John Dunning

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the challenge. I have Birth House in my book closet to get to at some future time. Why can't we read 24 hours a day? Ha!

Anonymous said...

I am hoping to sign up for this one too. I might put Good Omens on my list and there should be some Charles de Lint too who I love. Have you read much else by him?

MizB said...

Glad you'll be joining us for the 2008 reading year, Booklogged! :D

I've made up my list, too, but don't want to post it, yet, because I may change my mind about my official titles before January. LOL. ;-P I've been soooo desperately wanting to post my list, though! And, I'm restraining myself as best I can from taking a picture of the books I've chosen. :-P HA!

MizB
<><
http://tbrchallenge.blogspot.com

Kailana said...

I might join up for this one. I finished it this year, but not really with the list that I started out with...

Nyssaneala said...

Birth House is popping up everywhere. I really should get around to reading it, maybe I'll add it to my TBR challenge list as well!

Anonymous said...

I'm just horrible with the reading challenges and I really admire people who are able to fulfill them.

I entered in TBR Challenge 2007 foolishly hoping that I'll stick to to the list but I couldn't. Somehow it bothered me to know what I'll read next. I simply enjoy when I finish one book to look on my bookshelf completely not knowing what I'll pick up next.
Strange, right?

Good luck with your challenge!

Framed said...

I loved "Godo Omens" and "Grandmother and the Priests." I haven't even heard of the others so I will be looking forward to your reviews. Because I need more books on my TBR list.

becca said...

i know what you mean about buying books. i buy way too many for the rate at which i purchase them. It's great to have them though.

Lotus Reads said...

I remember this challenge from last year, I don't remember completing it though :(

There were so many mixed reviews for "Birth House". I remember some bloggers loving it and others that didn't enjoy it all. I can't wait to see what you'll think of it booklogged.