Pages

Monday, November 05, 2007

Reading Full Circle Challenge

I have got to stop signing up for challenges. I know that. Nobody needs to tell me. Actually, I put my foot down and told myself, "NO MORE." But as you can see I am joining another challenge.

It was the button that did it! Not really, although I do love the button. It was the challenge of taking books I've already listed for other challenges and connecting them in a full circle.

You can read all the particulars of this challenge and sign up yourself at Joy's blog. The basics are to link one book to another using a word in the title. The last book in the list needs to connect to the first. The contest runs from Jan through Dec 2008 and you can decide to read 6 or more books.

I went with 12 books - all are books that I already own, except for 2. That's not too bad, is it? One of the books I'm buying used for a penny + S&H and the other I can check out from the library. Here's the list:
1. Book of Atrix Wolfe by Patricia A. McKillip
2. Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon Hale
3. A Thousand Days in Tuscany by Marlena De Blasi
4. The Day the World Came to Town
5. Pumpkin Town! Or, Nothing Is Better or Worse Than Pumpkins by Katie McKy
6. Life of Octavian Nothing by M.T. Anderson
7. Still Life by Louise Penny
8. Murder Gets a Life by Anne George
9. Murder on the Rocks by Karen MacInerney
10. The Light at Tern Rock by Julia L. Sauer
11. The Light Fantastic by Terry Pratchett
12. Fatastic: The Life of Arnold Schwarzenegger by Laurence Leamer

10 comments:

hellomelissa said...

cool word play!

i'm finally reading (or rather listening to the unabridged version of) the thirteenth tale. it's fabulous!

chrisa511 said...

I was sooo tempted by this challenge...but I said "no"...so far. lol, we'll see how long that lasts. Great job on your list! I love it!

Anonymous said...

LOL - I hear that. Book challenges aren't my problem. Just saying no to books is impossible!

Les said...

This sounds like such a creative challenge! I may just have to join so I can make a list. :)

Anonymous said...

I have to admit, that's a neat concept for a challenge. Good luck with your challenge addiction there. ;)

Debi said...

Great job! Did you have a tough time hooking them all together? I joined this one, too, but it took me forever to come up with a list!

Booklogged said...

Melissa, There must be a million discs for The Thirteenth Tale. I'm just curious as to when you listen to audio books. I used to listen to them when driving to and from work or running errands, buts since I've retired, I'm not getting much listening time.

I totally understand, Chris. There are so many challenges that you need to be careful. I suspect I'm schedule too many. I have 2-3 more I want to join, but then I'm calling it quits. It's easier to do these challenges now that I'm retired.

Booklogged said...

Kaye, isn't that the truth. "Just saying no to books" is a catchy phrase. Let's hope the first lady doesn't pick up on that!

Les, planning and making the list is too much fun. I just need to be careful to not 'list' myself right into a corner.

Heather, I definitely have a bad challenge addiction, don't I? Somebody needs to start a Challenge Anonymous group!

Debi, It took me quite a bit of shuffling to get a list that worked. I had lots of books that had the same word as one other book, but I couldn't get them to tie in with a 3rd book. It was fun because it was so challenging to make the list.

Framed said...

I tried to make a list but when I felt a headache coming on, I knew I should just give it up. I just couldn't tie the last book into the first one. But I've joined plenty of challenges so I'm set.

alisonwonderland said...

i can't pass this one up either. i haven't figured out my connections yet though ...