Pages

Friday, December 14, 2007

A Christmas Secret

by Anne Perry

This was my second book for the Christmas Theme Book Challenge. Perry is one of my favorite authors. I especially like her WWI series and her Monk mystery series.

This short book is about a mystery left on the shoulders of a young reverend and his wife who are temporarily filling the shoes of a well-loved reverend who was quickly called away from his parish.

I liked the wife, Clarice, who tried so hard to build her husband's confidence in himself. She is kind of plain and often embarrasses her husband. I guess I related to that. The mystery was easy to solve and the story was not exceptional, but it was still a fun book.

3 comments:

Joy said...

I pretty much felt the same way about this book. :)

Framed said...

I really enjoyed the Monk series. Too bad this didn't have Thomas and charlotte in it.

Paula said...

I always like these light Christmas reads this time of year. I haven't read the Monk series, will have to look for it.