Pages

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Reading by the Decades Challenge 2007 Finished

This has been a wonderful challenge - I read several books that I may not have every gotten around to without 3M's gentle nudge. One book is still alluding me. I just can't seem to get into The Magnificent Amberson's. In all honesty I only gave it 2 tries and only read a couple of pages. I think it's probably good, but the timing just wasn't right.

So these are the books I did read and you can see didn't read anything for 1910, so there's that l gap. Darn anyway.

  • 2000 Something Rotten

  • 1990 Ship Fever

  • 1980 Prayer for Owen Meany

  • 1970 Princess Bride

  • 1960 Flowers for Algernon

  • 1950 The Magican's Nephew

  • 1940 Barometer Rising

  • 1930 Gone with the Wind

  • 1920 Bridge of San Luis Rey

  • 1910 The Magnificent Ambersons

  • 1900 Scarlet Pimpernel

  • 1890 Yellow Wallpaper

  • 1880 Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde

  • 1870 Through the Looking Glass

  • 1860 Woman in White


  • 3M is hosting this challenge again for 2008. If you didn't get a chance to join the fun this year, you can still get in for next year. Go to Decades '08 to sign up. Like the dear she is, 3M has compiled an extensive list of books by the decade as a resource.

    11 comments:

    Joy said...

    You did a wonderful job! Congratulations! :)

    Literary Feline said...

    Congratulations on completing the challenge! At least you gave The Magnificent Ambersons a try.

    Anonymous said...

    Congratulations! It was interesting reading books written way back when and comparing them to books written currently.

    SuziQoregon said...

    Congratulations! I didn't participate in this one this year, but I've already signed up for 2008. I actually have The Magnificent Ambersons on my list - sometimes timing just isn't right.

    Framed said...

    I had fun with this challenge as well. I need to get my list posted for next year.

    jenclair said...

    Wow! Congratulations and you had some great choices!

    Carrie K said...

    Congratulations on participating in the challenge! One measly decade unread. Pfetty impressive and there are some great books on that list.

    Kara said...

    Congratulations on finishing your challenge. I joined the 2008 one for the first time and can't wait to get started. You had a great list of books for 2007!

    1morechapter said...

    Congrats, Booklogged, and I'm so glad you participated in 2007. You could always switch to another 1910's book if you want. . . I know there's not much time left. I read O Pioneers and enjoyed it.

    Ethan Frome is extremely short and could be read in an afternoon. No pressure at all--just wanted to give you a couple of good options if you really wanted to complete that decade.

    Glad you're participating next year!

    Anonymous said...

    Booklogged, it has to be consecutive to count, so since you missed the 1910's, it's technically only 9. That's why I suggested Ethan Frome, etc.

    So sorry if it wasn't totally clear!!

    1morechapter said...

    That above anonymous was 3m. I don't know why it didn't show me!