Pages

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Newbery Challenge Finished

Earlier this year Think Pink Dana issued the Newbery Challenge and, since I haven't read a Newbery Award book that I have not liked, I joined up. Besides it's no secret how much a enjoy a good reading challenge.

The 6 books I read for the challenge were:
1. The Higher Power of Luckyby Susan Patron

2. The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin

3. The Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson

4. The Door in the Wall by Marguerite De angeli

5. The Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E Frankweiler by E.L. Konigsburg

6. A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle
It's hard to pick one I liked the best. I liked The Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler the least, but it was still good. The slight negative feelings I have are probably because of the movie. Trust me - read the book and DO NOT watch the movie.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haven't read any of these except "Bridge to Terabithia". And loved that one...

I just finished posting reviews for "Books to Movies challenge"

Halie said...

The Mixed Up Files was your least favorite?! I love that one. I haven't seen the movie -- but thanks for the warning!

Booklogged said...

Anonymous, I wish you would have left your blog address so I could drop by for a visit. Would love to see what books you read for the Book to Movie Challenge.

Halie, I liked Mixed Up Files well enough to want more and so I watched the video. That was a big mistake! You can read my review of the book HERE.

Shelley said...

I've read all but the first, and loved them all, especially A Wrinkle in Time. I have not seen the movie for Mixed Up, and I probably won't, so I don't mess up my good memories of the book.

Amey said...

Aah... that anon was me (formally know as Fleiger). Must have been some problem in Blogger.

You can check my blog @ lazyhabits.wordpress.com for the book reviews.

jenclair said...

I'd say this was a successful challenge if you have a difficult time deciding which one you liked best! I remember the kids reading The Mixed Up Files, but I've never read it...maybe it's time.

Carrie K said...

The least? the least? Oh no! that movie must be AWFUL.

Fun challenge though!

Bookfool said...

I've read half of those and loved them all (Terabithia, Frankweiler and Wrinkle). The Higher Power of Lucky is one of the few Newbery books I just couldn't get into, so I took it back to the library. I'll try it again, some day, though. It was probably my mood.

Dewey said...

Congratulations on finishing! And look at your blog, all decorated for Christmas!

Hey, did your phone ever arrive? I've been wondering about that. I hope it got there ok.